Do you qualify for Federal student loans? It’s not Breaking News that a college education is expensive and getting moreso at a rate that exceeds the inflation rate. If you’re a parent of twins or triplets, so much the worse. How that education gets paid depends on personal values, income and assets, among other things. […]
A general investing maxim that has been passed down over the years is that Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) is a good way to invest, particularly for beginning investors. The basic approach is that you invest a consistent amount at regular intervals, which ensures that you buy more shares when prices are low (and fewer shares […]
I continue to be surprised and somewhat perplexed about the current popularity of questioning the value of a college education. I think there are many thought-provoking aspects to the discussion, a couple of which make a lot of sense to me. Let’s face it: the ever-escalating cost of college is making life more financially difficult […]
My family was recently featured on Reuters Money regarding the financial challenges faced by parents of triplets/multiples. Aside from the nervousness of laying ourselves bare for the world, it caused me to reflect on that period of our lives, and review some of what we did right and wrong. Certainly, there are some unique and often surprising financial […]
As we approach the time of year during which high school seniors finalize their college plans, I thought I’d offer a post detailing some scholarships that are either exclusive to or particularly valuable for twins and triplets. Paying for college is a burden known to most parents, but it’s particularly taxing to those who have […]
Brother, Can You Spare Me an Admission Slot? I found an interesting article in the NY Times from a couple of years ago on the admission prospects for twins and triplets when they apply for the same college. The basic question the article seeks to resolve is “does the college candidacy of one sibling of the same class negatively […]
About Kevin O’Reilly
Kevin O'Reilly, CFP® is the principal of Foothills Financial Planning, Inc., a licensed Investment Advisory firm based in the Ahwatukee Foothills neighborhood of Phoenix, Arizona, with an office in North Phoenix/Scottsale. Kevin is also the proud father of triplets!
- A Roth IRA Revolution March 27, 2012
- From TwentySomething to Millionaire November 26, 2012
- The Easier It Is, the More We Spend February 12, 2013
- Stuff My Triplets Say – Credit Cards December 15, 2012
- Staying The Course March 10, 2012
- So it’s time to take your first RMD April 1, 2015
- What is a REIT? September 15, 2014
- More than 1/3 of Americans have saved nothing for retirement August 18, 2014
- McDonald’s Menus and Personal Finance August 6, 2014
- What Is a Stock’s Market Cap? March 19, 2014
- Kevin O\'Reilly, CFP®: Agreed. There are some good, free tools out there...
- J Andejeski: Websites like Mint.com will track your purchases f...
- McDonald’s Menus and Personal Finance | Multiples and Money: […] talked before about how the easier it is...
- Investing is Risky – Market Risk | Multiples and Money: […] an earlier post I introduced a new serie...
- Pay Less at the Gas Pump This Summer | Multiples and Money: [...] 4% on average each year. That equates to a...
Follow @kporeilly on Twitter