Have you ever wondered who owns the skyscrapers in America’s major cities? It’s not just Donald Trump. In fact, unless The Donald puts his name on it, chances are a REIT owns it. A REIT (rhymes with “tweet”) is simply a corporation that owns real estate. The acronym stands for Real Estate Investment Trust. Long […]
When I was a student at Indiana University, I worked as an analyst in IU’s Center for Real Estate Studies. I didn’t get rich, but it was a cool college job. Much of my effort was directed at producing the Housing Affordability Index for the state of Indiana. (In a somewhat related side note, Indianapolis was […]
I recently received a voicemail from my father-in-law indicating that there was an article on the front page of Sunday’s Real Estate section in the Arizona Republic that I really ought to read. His insistence made it clear that something was “up”, so we stopped at the store and got a copy of the Sunday paper. […]
I’ve recently joined a number of my Garrett Planning Network colleagues in contributing to Dimespring, a new personal finance website with a ton of good, accessible advice. I’m honored to be a part of it. My first contribution deals with what happens if you’re renting a house that goes into foreclosure. Check it out, and […]
About Kevin O’Reilly
Kevin O'Reilly, CFP® is the principal of Foothills Financial Planning, Inc., a licensed Investment Advisory firm based in the Ahwatukee Foothills neighborhood of Phoenix, Arizona, with an office in North Phoenix/Scottsale. Kevin is also the proud father of triplets!
- A Roth IRA Revolution March 27, 2012
- From TwentySomething to Millionaire November 26, 2012
- The Easier It Is, the More We Spend February 12, 2013
- Stuff My Triplets Say – Credit Cards December 15, 2012
- Staying The Course March 10, 2012
- So it’s time to take your first RMD April 1, 2015
- What is a REIT? September 15, 2014
- More than 1/3 of Americans have saved nothing for retirement August 18, 2014
- McDonald’s Menus and Personal Finance August 6, 2014
- What Is a Stock’s Market Cap? March 19, 2014
- Kevin O\'Reilly, CFP®: Agreed. There are some good, free tools out there...
- J Andejeski: Websites like Mint.com will track your purchases f...
- McDonald’s Menus and Personal Finance | Multiples and Money: […] talked before about how the easier it is...
- Investing is Risky – Market Risk | Multiples and Money: […] an earlier post I introduced a new serie...
- Pay Less at the Gas Pump This Summer | Multiples and Money: [...] 4% on average each year. That equates to a...
Follow @kporeilly on Twitter